SOLD - BestTrack - 42' Single Lane w/Timer

Here's a place for members to buy, sell, trade or list wanted supplies, tools, etc.. This is not a forum for commercial merchants to advertise in.
CHJake
Apprentice
Apprentice

SOLD - BestTrack - 42' Single Lane w/Timer

Post by CHJake »

Pinewood derby era for me and my son is over and my test track needs a new home. For sale is a single lane 42' Besttrack and Microwizard K3 timer with computer interface. I also added the automatic release using a door lock actuator. Track is in like new condition. Asking $450 and will not ship. Looking for a local buyer or someone willing to make a road trip. Track is located in east-central Wisconsin. Message me for any other details.

Update: Lowering price to $350 and track is packaged up, ready to ship. Buyer pays actual shipping costs.
Last edited by CHJake on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jan Simonsen
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: BestTrack - 42' Single Lane w/Timer

Post by Jan Simonsen »

Is this still available for sale?
sickfish
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sickfish »

Jake, do you still have this track? Let me know
CHJake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CHJake »

Still have it.
ArthurJGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ArthurJGuy »

If you would be willing to put this on a pallet and ship it, I am very interested. I can arrange for the shipping you just have to pack it up.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

ArthurJGuy wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:53 pm If you would be willing to put this on a pallet and ship it, I am very interested. I can arrange for the shipping you just have to pack it up.
The aluminum is a bit soft on a Best Track and easy to ding, especially the ends. It needs to be packed very well to ship it.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
CHJake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CHJake »

I actually came across so packaging that might work well. I’ll try it out this weekend and let you know if it worthy of shipping.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

Allow me to offer a suggestion if things don't work out for you. You might want to consider it even if things do work out.
You are buying a single lane track so the reason for buying it is fairly obvious.

You do not need a 42' track. A 35' track will serve you well after you record some times on cars that are racing on a 35' Best track. There should be some in your area. If there aren't I'll send you some times and it will get you in the "ballpark". A 35' Best track, $419.00 and includes shipping. It's new and guaranteed

You don't need a K=3 timer. A K-2 will do the same thing for your needs. I don't know what a Micro Wizard single lane timer costs but I know they make them. A 2 lane K-2 timer is $315.00. A one lane timer is probably cheaper. Search around for your needs and you'll probably find something cheap. Cheap isn't always the Best. I have 2 Micro Wizard timers, 18 years old and all I have ever replaced is the switch. You can also buy a battery pack if you don't want to run a wire. A Champ one lane timer costs $299,00 and was made for the Best track. I highly recommend it. Our Pack has a Champ timer on our 4 lane Best track and it has served us well for the past 2 years. Best track will punch the hole for you and I think it will ship with the track. Think of the resale value with a Champ timer.

You will now have 2 new things with a warranty.
This is simply a little knowledge. I hope you get what you need soon.
Best wishes for the season.
CHJake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CHJake »

Update: Track is packaged and ready to ship. Price lowered to $350 and buyer pays actual shipping.
CHJake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CHJake »

ArthurJGuy wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:53 pm If you would be willing to put this on a pallet and ship it, I am very interested. I can arrange for the shipping you just have to pack it up.
It's ready to ship if you are still interested.