Build a Winning Pinewood Derby Car

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Build a Winning Pinewood Derby Car

Post by Speedster »

I'm a firm believer in Troy Thorne's workbook, "Build a Winning pinewood Derby Car". I always have them available at our workshops.

Fox Chapel Publishing has a 25% Off their entire site. Promo Code: Cyber 25. FREE shipping on Domestic Orders of $20.00 or more.

Example: My order of 10 reads $99.90, Shipping and Handling $0.00, Discount (Cyber 25% Off),-$24,98, Grand Total $74.92.
These workbooks are available to folks attending our workshops at the discounted rate.

Best Wishes to All
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Build a Winning Pinewood Derby Car

Post by Eagle »

Great resource! I thank you for making me aware of it last year.

And, thank you for letting us know about the discount!
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

You know Speedster & Eagle,
Back when I first started out building pinewood derby car's and holding workshop's for the kid's .. You Could say I cut my teeth with Troy Thorn's Pinewood Derby Car Books .
One of the very first cars I build for my self was from one of his books it was the old red and white #31 Indy car seen on the front cover of his Pinewood Derby Designs & Patterns Book.

Boy now that's been awhile back.. but what I liked about his books is how he walk's you threw the car build steps in stages . And tells what tools or supply's were needed for the task at hand.
Talk about handy. even back then.. because I was just someone who enjoyed scroll saw art back then. and did not know any thing about the pinewood derby.
From there using the scroll saw and building pinewood derby cars.. became fun & boy was I hooked and caught the pinewood derby bug.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

Whoda, speaking of scroll saws.
Hobby Lobby has a Racer Tool Set. It has 1 scroll saw, 5 blades, 1 wood rasp for $13.99. It was displayed with the other Derby things.
Don't forget the 40% OFF one item.
Kindintentions
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Kindintentions »

Speedster, I think you mean Coping saw with the Hobby Lobby Racer Tool Set. Still looks like a good set to get the car cut and at a good price, especially with the wood rasp and Coping saw together and the 40% off coupon.

Now if it was a scroll saw for that price I would make room in my workshop, as that is about $100 cheaper than any scroll saw I can find online.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

Thank you. You are correct. It is a Coping Saw. It says so right on the package. I knew my short term memory was gone but I actually believed I could read correctly. I listed it in "Senior Moment". Now, where the Heck did I put my glasses.
Stay Safe.