Down and Derby on DVD?

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Mike Doyle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Down and Derby on DVD?

Post by Mike Doyle »

It looks like this movie's short run is basically over, it never came close enough to our town to see. Has anyone got advanced info on it's release on DVD?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Down and Derby on DVD?

Post by gpraceman »

Mike Doyle wrote:It looks like this movie's short run is basically over, it never came close enough to our town to see. Has anyone got advanced info on it's release on DVD?
According to the website, the DVD release will be in the fall. If you can get 1500 people to register on the site (unlikely) you can get the movie in a theater near you.

http://downandderby.com/theater.html
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Mike Parrish
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Mike Parrish »

Mike Doyle wrote:Has anyone got advanced info on it's release on DVD?
I just received an e-mail from the executive producer stating that the estimated release date will be October 2005 and there will be a special scouting edition offered through the movie web site at http://www.downandderby.com

I am on the list for a copy! :mrgreen:
Race Fast-
Mike Parrish
Parrish Racing
www.derbydayz.com
Mike Doyle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Mike Doyle »

That's a good idea re: the Scouting Edition. Hopefully they can clean it up towards a "G" rating. Maybe a "director's cut" version could include a segment on the history of the Pinewood Derby done documentary style for the benefit of the kids (and kids at heart).
Jungle Jim
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Jungle Jim »

Mike Doyle wrote:That's a good idea re: the Scouting Edition. Hopefully they can clean it up towards a "G" rating. Maybe a "director's cut" version could include a segment on the history of the Pinewood Derby done documentary style for the benefit of the kids (and kids at heart).
Haven't seen it .. YET. I'm sure I will though :wink:
Jungle Jim
pwdxtreme
Merchant
Merchant

Post by pwdxtreme »

A group of us Pineheads took our sons to see the movie on opening day. We thought it was very entertaining, if not a bit too close to reality (personal reflection time needed :lol: ). We had no problem with the PG Rating and saw nothing in the movie that would have caused us to not let our boys see the movie.