PWD on Bill Engvall Show

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
BigSilver
Pine Head
Pine Head

PWD on Bill Engvall Show

Post by BigSilver »

Heads up PWD watchers. The Bill Engvall Show contacted our Pack to rent / use our new 6 lane aluminum track and timer for a taping this week. 8) A few of our boys and a couple of lucky adults are providing ten cars for the show to use as well. We made sure the boys understood that the cars could come back from the show damaged. I do not know when the show will air but it should be fun to see what happens. The show does not have a large enough stage to set up the full track so we have been forced to shorten the track to abut 20 feet in length. Keep watching for the show and let me know what you think.
Robert
“Knowledge of all things is possible” Leonardo daVinci
BigSilver
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: PWD on Bill Engvall Show

Post by BigSilver »

OK, the program will air in early July. Our Bear Den was able to attend the filming and had a great time. The crew really rolled out the red carpet for our Bear Den and the boys had a lot of fun seeing how a Sitcom is filmed. Bill and the cast Were fantastic hosts and I can't say enough good about the opportunity our boys had.
Hope you can catch the show....
“Knowledge of all things is possible” Leonardo daVinci
TAL
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by TAL »

Well the show aired here tonight on the east coast . The actual derby racing was about 9:20 pm EST.

The judge that disqualified the car said the driver in the car looked just like Bill and they were caught cheating . Car weighted in at 10 ounces, Limit was 5.

The boy got very upset and after he got home the boy took and drill and drilled a hole in Bill's head (the little man in the car that looked like Bill)

The part I did'nt like was they weighed the car after it won and then disqualified it.

Like you said the track was very short, Very shiney but short.

I had just walked in the door sit down and looked at the T.V. and there was the race and I then realized this is the race that was written about on here. Lucky Me.
derby doc
Merchant
Merchant

Post by derby doc »

I wish that I couldve saw the show. Thats great.