Big news...

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
piazza
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: Big news...

Post by piazza »

I'm in it for the kids and not for personal gain. That is where I start out with the process. I spent over a year year organizing and raising funds for the event.

The council finals were definitely something I don't recommend unless you have a strong will. The first thing I did months ago was to get a set of rules approved and then ATTEMPT to get them distributed to the districts. I enforced the rules at impound for the race, thus the [censored] chewing. But, all-in-all it was a great event and I'm glad to have helped pull it off. There was over 5,000 Scouts at the 100th birthday party for our council and this event was said to be among the favorites.
"Do...or Do Not...Ther is no Try!"
Jedi Master Yoda
bad_karma_2805a1

Post by bad_karma_2805a1 »

Glad to hear your event went off great. I have a Council event coming up next month. I am actually not real excited about it, the people in charge are really clueless.

I am just focused on my Districts part and thats it. I cant do it all so I will do what I can and let the other worry about there parts.
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by FatSebastian »

bad_karma_2805a1 wrote:Well everyone it is offical. The Centennial 1000 has been put on hold. [...] I promise we will hold this event, but not just this month.
:scratching: So did this event ever happen? I don't expect a reply from bad_karma, as he no longer exists as a DT user, but maybe somebody else knows three years later...
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

FatSebastian wrote:I don't expect a reply from bad_karma, as he no longer exists as a DT user
I have had a few members request that their account be deactivated, as they are no longer racing. That is the case with bad_karma.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.