Loctite commercial

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Loctite commercial

Post by FatSebastian »

There is a new Loctite TV commercial that features a rail-riding woodcar. Right now it can be seen from this page by clicking "race car".
andylester
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Loctite commercial

Post by andylester »

I have seen that commercial a few times.

We can shred it to pieces or praise it like we all did on that other commercial, but for me it kinda helped our cause a bit.

We just had our back to school fair at our local elementary school. Since I am the Cubmaster, we set up a booth as usual and promoted scouting. When we asked many of the kids about Cub Scouts and what they know about it, many of them mentioned this commercial and the other one and brought up the Pinewood Derby before even being asked about it. I was pretty shocked that they actually paid attention to commercials and they all were pretty excited about racing and scouting even more than usual.

So, I think as technically inaccurate as these commercials are, they sure are working on getting into the heads of kids and their dads!

I hope they keep coming out with more and more commercials like that. Perhaps someday Pinewood Derby will be as popular as NASCAR :D
Thanks,

Andy Lester, Owner

Lester Racing - Laser Cut Gravity Car Innovation
http://www.lesterracing.net" target="_blank

Mountaineer Precision Products
http://www.mpp-models.com" target="_blank
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by FatSebastian »

andylester wrote:We can shred it to pieces or praise it like we all did on that other commercial
I believe that you are referring to the Subaru commercial, which interestingly enough, still seems to be airing.

As a commercial, it seems the Loctite one should be effective because the use of adhesives is obviously relevant to PWD (it is less obvious how PWD and buying a Subaru relate :) ).
andylester wrote:So, I think as technically inaccurate as these commercials are, they sure are working on getting into the heads of kids and their dads!
The split screen of the PWD car with the race car captures the imagination (I am curious how they shot it).
andylester wrote:I hope they keep coming out with more and more commercials like that.
:nod:
Nate
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Nate »

Did they apply superglue to the axle before putting it through the wheel bore? :O

Great video though!
jtarbuskovich
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jtarbuskovich »

Looks like the axle head was glued on, unlike a BSA nail axle.
stang68
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by stang68 »

FS
Good video thanks for the link.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

jtarbuskovich wrote:Looks like the axle head was glued on, unlike a BSA nail axle.
Actually, it looks like they are gluing on an axle cap, which are used with one piece axles. I was at a couple of races where those were used and those darn little caps liked popping off. Then you are looking all over the floor for them.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

ya looks like the one piece axles with the snap on cap, thats what they used the loc tite for, was the cap.

Odd, though Im no so sure the wheels on that car and the axle gap seen were the same as the first picture. But non the less. any commericial with pinewood derby, cubmobile or soap box derby would be a plus for those sports.

Sporty
andylester
Merchant
Merchant

Post by andylester »

At least the kid was not wearing what looked like a girl scout or brownie uniform like in the Subaru commercial!!!
Thanks,

Andy Lester, Owner

Lester Racing - Laser Cut Gravity Car Innovation
http://www.lesterracing.net" target="_blank

Mountaineer Precision Products
http://www.mpp-models.com" target="_blank