Dishonesty at the Scout Store

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Ynot
Pine Head
Pine Head

Dishonesty at the Scout Store

Post by Ynot »

Today after getting home from buying 2 sets of wheels and axles from the BS store. I opened the first and to add to all my luck lately they were old style (pre 2009) wheels... again. I opened the second in the same identical packaging and the were the newer style. Seems someone may have returned the first, yet replaced them with the oldies. This at the BS store, what a contradiction. Next I'll see someone helping themselves to the offering basket at church.
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Dishonesty at the Scout Store

Post by FatSebastian »

Ynot wrote:Seems someone may have returned the first, yet replaced them with the oldies. This at the BS store, what a contradiction.
Might it be that you purchased old stock left behind by discriminating shoppers who noticed and passed on the older style wheels? The new-style wheels have been sold right along side the old-style wheels in transparent tubes. Some tubes seemingly came from the factory with a mix of both old and new wheels.
Ynot
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Ynot »

Could be, did they also keep the same sku #?
Scoremaker
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Scoremaker »

You might want to return that item back. So that you can get the new wheels you want.
jevans
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jevans »

i have also noticed that curent new wheels for sale are of poorer quality then the ones i have bought in the past year. i think the mold has seen better days.
dna1990
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by dna1990 »

'Same Packing' - it is all in the 'stamp'. There will be an indented stamp...this is your indicator of the kit, not just the appearance.

Even then, out of 170 kits this past season (WITH the new stamp), I still had 4 with old wheels. I dont' put anything past shoppers, be that BSA or not - but I think this is more a stock/distribution/packaging fallthru.