Testing an ebay car

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Testing an ebay car

Post by Speedster »

I've been reading about keeping ebay cars out of scout races. Has anyone ever bought an ebay car or ordered one from a vendor. I know it breaks all the rules regarding the purpose of the Pinewood Derby but I'm wondering just how fast these things can possibly be. Are they even fast enough to take a 3rd place? The car would have to be legal for someone's particular rules so does someone send you something with lightened wheels? Probably not. Testing just one of these cars would probably not prove much but the results would be interesting.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Testing an ebay car

Post by Vitamin K »

Speedster wrote:I've been reading about keeping ebay cars out of scout races. Has anyone ever bought an ebay car or ordered one from a vendor. I know it breaks all the rules regarding the purpose of the Pinewood Derby but I'm wondering just how fast these things can possibly be. Are they even fast enough to take a 3rd place? The car would have to be legal for someone's particular rules so does someone send you something with lightened wheels? Probably not. Testing just one of these cars would probably not prove much but the results would be interesting.
I haven't watched the vids yet, but Glenn J. of a certain_place_that_sells_cars did an eBay shootout a while back and posted links to the video here.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Testing an ebay car

Post by Speedster »

It was fun to watch but I don't know if they were all racing under the same rules. It could have been a gimmick for the winning car to sell cars. Nice paint job on the winning car.