Liquid Glass ?

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Liquid Glass ?

Post by Speedster »

A racer at our District race last year told me he used wax only in the wheel bore, no graphite. He took 1st place. I do not know if he was teasing me. Has anyone ever used Liquid Glass as the final step to wheel prep and axle prep? Could it actually be faster than adding graphite?
bracketracer
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: Liquid Glass ?

Post by bracketracer »

Liquid Glass Legend is a popular wheel bore treatment. If I had to guess, he used that with Krytox. I've never tried running Legend dry. It doesn't take much oil to make it work. It would look dry. If you rules don't allow for oil, then they might need to read " Must have visible evidence of graphite added or graphite will be added for you at the venue" to discourage running oil.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

bracketracer wrote:Liquid Glass Legend is a popular wheel bore treatment. If I had to guess, he used that with Krytox. I've never tried running Legend dry. It doesn't take much oil to make it work. It would look dry. If you rules don't allow for oil, then they might need to read " Must have visible evidence of graphite added or graphite will be added for you at the venue" to discourage running oil.
That'd be my suspicion too.

Didn't Greg Dawes come up with some kind of technique they use to check for oil on bores at the Mid-Ams?
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Who know's Speedster, My Guess would be..

Maybe the kid used the liquid glass detail spray after the liquid glass wax bore treatment.
Or it could be that he thin'ed down the liquid glass wax with something making his own bore prep mix.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?