Scouting Magazine-Jan.-Feb. 2017

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Scouting Magazine-Jan.-Feb. 2017

Post by Speedster »

Our Pack Leader gave me a copy of the new scouting magazine. It has a pinewood derby track on the cover and an article about pinewood derby inside. Also, on Page 9 they have an article about Dremel Derby Days at Lowe's stores. 2017 Demo Dates are January 14th and February 18th. Contact your local store to verify event and details. I seem to remember something about Dremel and Lowe's on Derby Talk. Anyone who has attended a Dremel Demo, maybe in 2016, is it educational? Would you recommend your scouts attend? Thank You.
Happy New Year
Speedster
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Scouting Magazine-Jan.-Feb. 2017

Post by whodathunkit »

Speedster wrote: I seem to remember something about Dremel and Lowe's on Derby Talk. Anyone who has attended a Dremel Demo, maybe in 2016, is it educational? Would you recommend your scouts attend? Thank You.
Happy New Year
Speedster
Say Bill.. seem's I can re-call team Bulldog and Dremel on this Topic.
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=7935&p=77374&hilit ... 1df#p77370

And then there is this older topic as well..http://www.derbytalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=7848
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
race#67
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: Scouting Magazine-Jan.-Feb. 2017

Post by race#67 »

I have not attended either, but this looks interesting. Our local Scout Shop is having tool demo, AND setting up a track for the whole month of January for testing. I plan to stop by with my son and check it out. I hope it is a decent modern track with a timer:)
http://www.scoutstuff.org/retail/specia ... P_01032017