Toledo Walleye Pinewood Derby

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Toledo Walleye Pinewood Derby

Post by Speedster »

The Toledo Walleye, a professional ice Hockey team, is having a Pinewood Derby for the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts on March 24, 2018. It will be held at the Huntington Center where the Walleye holds their games. They have invited many Scout Councils and The Girl Scouts of Western Ohio. That has got to be thousands of scouts. I don't know of any race rules yet but I'm sure they will be available later on. 2018 is the 1st year they are doing this. I've got a feeling the Walleye are going to Go Big for this event. Is the Pinewood Derby getting more popular and HUGH or is it just my imagination?
Yep, I'll be there.
Best Wishes for all your coming Derbies.
Speedster
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Toledo Walleye Pinewood Derby

Post by Vitamin K »

Speedster wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:15 pm The Toledo Walleye, a professional ice Hockey team, is having a Pinewood Derby for the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts on March 24, 2018. It will be held at the Huntington Center where the Walleye holds their games. They have invited many Scout Councils and The Girl Scouts of Western Ohio. That has got to be thousands of scouts. I don't know of any race rules yet but I'm sure they will be available later on. 2018 is the 1st year they are doing this. I've got a feeling the Walleye are going to Go Big for this event. Is the Pinewood Derby getting more popular and HUGH or is it just my imagination?
Yep, I'll be there.
Best Wishes for all your coming Derbies.
Speedster
Very cool. I hope they adopt a good ruleset! Put 'em in touch with the NSC guys! :)
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

Thank you, VK. That's a Good idea. I've read those rules. I like them. I wrote to Brian who is in charge of this and offered to help in anyway I can so I'll see if he answers me. If I get to know him maybe he'll let me make some suggestions.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Speedster,
Just a suggestion for a good and fun time!
If you can get them to remove all the print about one specific kit type.
Wait i'm the only person that did not see that in there rule set!

Have you ever seen a pinewood derby that was open to all the pinewood derby kit types and clubs.( Instead of just one specific kit type and or club.)
I never have.. So maybe your suggestion could be just that!

Best of luck Speedster.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?