BSA wheels

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

BSA wheels

Post by Speedster »

Check out the 4 new colors for BSA wheels. Blacklight Green, Pink, Purple and Glow in the Dark White. They surely are Bright.
bracketracer
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: BSA wheels

Post by bracketracer »

No pic?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Derby Evolution posted a photo of the new wheels. Imagine the white wheels with graphite all over them. :eek:

Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

gpraceman wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:26 pm Derby Evolution posted a photo of the new wheels. Imagine the white wheels with graphite all over them. :eek:

All the better reason to use oil, my good man. ;)
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Vitamin K wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:30 pm All the better reason to use oil, my good man. ;)
Assuming it is allowed by the race rules, sure. However, unless it is an oil only race, they will invariably get fouled by graphite.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

Thanks for the pictures.
The pictures I originally saw from another vendor appeared much lighter in color and had what I would describe as a "Neon" effect. I was hoping that is what the wheels would look like. After seeing the pictures on Derbytalk I suspect that is probably more close to what the wheels will look like.
Byiani
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Byiani »

Pretty sure BSA aren't stock. AFAIK BSA are mainly aftermarket and made in S. Africa. That was what I was told when I enquired about them a couple years ago.

Last edited by Byiani on Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

Hi there, Byiani, Welcome to Derbytalk.
I was not aware that any BSA wheels were made anywhere other then the USA or China and carry an Official BSA stamp. As far as I know, the popular vendors carry only the BSA wheels that read, OFFICIAL BSA MADE IN USA on the inside of the wheel. I checked our "Search" function but could find nothing about a BSA wheel Made in South Africa. Would you please tell me how I can find some information on the Internet about a BSA wheel that is made in South Africa? Thank You.