Tamiya Craft Cotton Swab

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Tamiya Craft Cotton Swab

Post by Speedster »

I was shopping at Hobby Lobby.
I tried the Tamiya Craft Cotton Swab Item 87106**260. I like them and think I will use them at our workshops. They cost $4.99 for a Pack of 50. Cut them in half and you have 100. The tip that does the polishing tends to measure 0.100 dry. A Vermont Class ZZ Pin Gage measures .0965. Once the tip has Novus 2 on them they go in the bore fairly easy. Something I like is if you push it all the way through the bore you can pull it back through and the tip stays on the shaft. The shaft is stiff so it doesn't flop around.

Hobby Lobby has Hob-E-Lube graphite and several of the basic tools to make it easier to build a car. Our Hobby Lobby does not do workshops and our Lowes Stores have also stopped doing workshops.

If you use these swabs, I'd like to know your experience. If I have said anything that is a mistake please let me know immediately. Thank You.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Tamiya Craft Cotton Swab

Post by Vitamin K »

87106's are the swabs that I use as well. I feel far more confident that my kids (or myself, even) can polish the bores without tearing them up.
Last edited by Vitamin K on Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Tamiya Craft Cotton Swab

Post by whodathunkit »

I like them for several reasons!
Ease of use for one.
No more cotton fibbers left in the bore or scratched wheel bores from the pipe cleaners.
Or the aggravation of twisting q tip steams
off destroying wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?