Need help with miscjunk.org timer!

DIY timing systems
Artanis
Apprentice
Apprentice

Need help with miscjunk.org timer!

Post by Artanis »

Hi everyone, brand new here. Actually trying to build this timer for my son to race lego cars. Regardless of use, I'm really struggling getting it all set up. I've got ZERO electronics experience but I've been doing the best I can to follow the instructions on the miscjunk.org website. Ordered all the parts, got 'em soldered on and now I'm stuck. The timer displays won't power up when connected to the PDT board. If I plug them directly into the arduino, the power up .... what could be my issue?

I'm trying to do 4 lanes and using the optional I2C splitter. I've even tried to tone it down to one lane and connect that timer directly, but I still can't get it to turn on.

Any help is appreciated.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need help with miscjunk.org timer!

Post by gpraceman »

Have you tried contacting Indy, who created that timer?
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Artanis
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Artanis »

Well I'm one step further, got them to work (sort of). Turns out I'm terrible at soldering.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

If it were me, I'd use a breadboard to get everything working, and only solder the final stuff after the bugs were ironed out.