The Judge and GrandPrix Race Manager

Commercial timing systems
tvmangum
Apprentice
Apprentice

The Judge and GrandPrix Race Manager

Post by tvmangum »

This year we bought a new two lane BestTrack and the GPRM software to use for our PWD. We are looking to get a timing device for next year and was wondering about the Judge. Does anyone have any experience using the Judge along with GPRM? Also, do I need the computer option since I will be using the GPRM software? My guess is no, but it's just that--a guess.
Cubmaster
Pack 320
Greensboro NC
http://www.pack320.org
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: The Judge and GrandPrix Race Manager

Post by Stan Pope »

tvmangum wrote:Also, do I need the computer option since I will be using the GPRM software? My guess is no, but it's just that--a guess.
In most of the spec's I've read, the 'computer option' is the hardware to connect the finish line to the computer, and would be needed to let GPRM and the finish line communicate!
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

:agree:

While you could manually enter the results, having that interface between the timer and the software is much nicer.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
digger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by digger »

i have the judge the auto startgate the light three and the derbymaster manager with the computer link and it works grate plus the support was supper grate. i say buy it you will like it :lol: :bigups: :mrgreen: :D
CTS Memorial Raceway
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CTS Memorial Raceway »

I have used both GPRM and The Judge on my track for 3 years and would not consider changing. Not that other software and timers are not just as good, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I had an issue with a software update once but Randy diligently worked on the issue and had it resolved in a little over a day.

I also have the start gate and light tree from New Directions. All work great.

I have used the track for approximately 30 races over the three years.