smartline timer read back

Commercial timing systems
jayres
Apprentice
Apprentice

smartline timer read back

Post by jayres »

I just got my timer working with my GPRM V9, however the first place racer always reports a time of .0001 sec. I don't have the smartline software due to the timer being passed from holder to holder for the pack. Any ideas out there on what I need to fix.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: smartline timer read back

Post by gpraceman »

jayres wrote:I just got my timer working with my GPRM V9, however the first place racer always reports a time of .0001 sec. I don't have the smartline software due to the timer being passed from holder to holder for the pack. Any ideas out there on what I need to fix.
Make sure to use the start switch with that timer. If you are, check your connections. Also, the start gate should release the switch. If you are manually testing, hold the switch in before running a heat and then release it to simulate the start gate opening.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
jayres
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jayres »

Thank you, I was manually testing and holding the start switch the whole time. Once I let it go after hitting start it worked great. Hopefully our race goes as well since it my first time running it!!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

I'm glad you got it worked out.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.