Wireless timer connection

General timing system discussions.
asatxj
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Wireless timer connection

Post by asatxj »

I've had several people ask if there is a way to make the connection between the timer and the computer wireless (they were willing to help fund it). Is there a way to do such a thing?
Awana Commander
Jeep Fleet Maintenance Director
Dad
Bowhunter
I can't break the rules, I write them
!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wireless timer connection

Post by gpraceman »

You can with a Bluetooth device plugged into the timer's computer port and a dongle plugged into the computer. I've tested such a setup but had occasional drops in communication. I certainly would not want that to happen during a race. A wired connection will always be the most dependable.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
asatxj
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Wireless timer connection

Post by asatxj »

gpraceman wrote:You can with a Bluetooth device plugged into the timer's computer port and a dongle plugged into the computer. I've tested such a setup but had occasional drops in communication. I certainly would not want that to happen during a race. A wired connection will always be the most dependable.
Pretty much what I was thinking. I've got a longer rs232 cable and just need a cable to cable adapter and I'll be okay for next season.
Awana Commander
Jeep Fleet Maintenance Director
Dad
Bowhunter
I can't break the rules, I write them
!