Need electronics for a wood track

Commercial timing systems
kentiler
Apprentice
Apprentice

Need electronics for a wood track

Post by kentiler »

Hi,

I'm looking for electronics for an existing track - at least a finish timer, and possibly an automatic starter.

Our Awana club just had a wood track donated to them. I believe it used to have Racemaster electronics on it, but the original owner kept them for their new track.

What I remember when we borrowed this track from before is that sometimes the sensors wouldn't trigger when cars would go over. We had battery operated lights above the sensors to make them work better.

We use the Grand Prix software and would like something that integrates very well with that.

What do you recommend? Do you recommend that we stay away from any?

Our race is right after Thanksgiving, so we need to get something ordered soon!

Thanks!

--Kent
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Need electronics for a wood track

Post by Vitamin K »

If you had more time, I would say, check out the Arduino PWD page, however, since you're in a time crunch, the K2 option makes sense, in my mind.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Need electronics for a wood track

Post by Speedster »

I would order one from MicroWizard.com. He will build one to fit your track. Measure what your centers are. I have had two of his timers for 16 years and have never had a failure on either one. He will build whatever you want.
Stealthscan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Need electronics for a wood track-I have one for you~

Post by Stealthscan »

I have a 3 lane elapsed time Fast Track from Micro Wizard that came off a wood track for sale. I was just about to post it when I saw this. $200 plus shipping and its yours. I believe software can be downloaded from Microwizard.com. My oldest just got Eagle and youngest bridged last year. Ten year career building cars is over. It was a great run, finally took District our last year! Image

Sheldon