RaceMaster Timer shows 012 345 678 9Ab

Commercial timing systems
leerbennett
Journeyman
Journeyman

RaceMaster Timer shows 012 345 678 9Ab

Post by leerbennett »

I unpacked our 4 year old RaceMaster Timer system and find that it will not reset properly.
On power up, the display briefly indicates the lane numbers. Then the display gets stuck showing: 012 345 678 9Ab
Neither the reset switch, the start switch, nor a GPRM reset will get the board to reset or change in any way.
I see that the manufacturer is now out of business, but other have been able to order suitable replacement part in the case of failed sensors.
Does anyone know what problem(s) this failure mode indicates?
Seems like it might be cost effective to repair if the issue is sensor related.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RaceMaster Timer shows 012 345 678 9Ab

Post by gpraceman »

I pulled out my RaceMaster to see if I could reproduce your problem. Unfortunately, I wasn't. When first powered up, it displays F00 H00 and then each lane will zero out. Looking through the timer manual, it doesn't mention the 012 345 678 9Ab code. I checked through my old emails and didn't see any of my software customers report that issue with their timer.

Is this for an Awana club? If so, check with your Awana Missionary and see if they might have an old timer that you can try swapping out parts with. They may at least be able to refer you to another club that might be able to help you out.

Another option is finding someone that knows electronics and might be able to take a look at it.

Last option, of course, is to start looking for a different timer.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
leerbennett
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by leerbennett »

Randy,
Thanks for checking and the advice provided.
A friend help me diagnose and repair my problem, so this system is ready to go.
Cause of this issue was with the reset switch connector getting pinched and shorting out this switch.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Glad you got it figured out
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.