We had our race Saturday (and Sunday) and...

Show off photos of your cubmobiles, starting ramp and race course.
Smell of pine
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

We had our race Saturday (and Sunday) and...

Post by Smell of pine »

We WON! My 8 yr old won his cubmobile race. The boys then pulled their cars in a parade.

My 10 yr old and I headed for SBD practice and inspection. We had his car set up well, and he had the second fastest time of the day. Then the return trailer dropped his car. Bent the front axle, messed up our alignment, broke a wheel, and scraped the paint pretty good. We tried to get things back as best as we could.

Sunday was the race. He ran well, but I don't think his car was all it could be. Ou setup may have been off slightly as well. We learned a lot, and plan to return next year in full force. I may even offer a few extra bungee cords to the trailer driver. It was an accident though.
Teeeman
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: We had our race Saturday (and Sunday) and...

Post by Teeeman »

Accidents like that are hard to forgive...

with proper planning it should not have happened... sorry to hear...

but I've seen how poorly our local CMB race is run...

we are trying to help "fix it" for next year...

-Terry
"I dunno..." - Uncle Eddie, Christmas Vacation
TRE-357
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: We had our race Saturday (and Sunday) and...

Post by TRE-357 »

I think I can just tag onto the end of this thread. We held our first annual CMR on Saturday (July the 14th) and it seemed to be a great success. learned a few things, but all the kids had a blast.

I hosted 5 build days, were each den came over and built two cars each to race, among the den. They took then and finished the paint, wheels and then I came back and did the brakes and inspection. They all got hands on build time (good for a craftsman patch, I think) as well.

thanks go to Shipnson for all the material he sent, to get me started.

view of full course during practice:
Here is my son, racing. he took 1st place in his den. (funny enough, the Bear den winner (a little guy) beat each of the weblos winners, with just a few bricks in the back of his car...)