Can I talk about c02 racing here??

Anything related to CO2 powered racing, such as Blastcar, and event coordination.
CX-80
Apprentice
Apprentice

Can I talk about c02 racing here??

Post by CX-80 »

I know it's for derbies, but are c02 fans welcome??
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can I talk about c02 racing here??

Post by gpraceman »

CX-80 wrote:I know it's for derbies, but are c02 fans welcome??
I don't see why not, since many of the same principles are involved. Of course, the mode of propulsion is the big difference.

If we get enough topics related to CO2 racing, we can always add a dedicated forum for it.

So what do you want to discuss?

P.S. I see that you are in FT Collins. Are there going to be any races up there or down this way that I can sneek into? I'd love to see one of these races in person.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Mr. Slick
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Mr. Slick »

I remember seeing a video with a co2 powered pinewood derby car.

It was a very FAST car!

My kids make the co2 cars in school so I'd listen in.
Mr. Slick says: Honey, I am doing this for the kids, not myself.
CX-80
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CX-80 »

splendid. Well, we started C02 cars in tech, And I thought cool, c02 cars, sounds fun. And I got my block, and I started thinking about c02 cars alot until it became a passion of mine. I cut my car today with the band saw, just wanted to get that over with because I have never used one and I was nervous bout screwing up. I screwed up allitle, but just a bulge that stuck out so I filed it away. I spent the whole day filing, and now, finally, I am done with the shape and I can relax. It is kinda different looking, compared to some cars, it is about the same size of the unshaped block, but still diferent. I geuss I'll just go explore this site since I have nothing to talk about on scale racing cars.

I also love flat-water kayaking and track/telemark skiing
pwdarchitect
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by pwdarchitect »

Have you found the Pitsco website? I think that there are alot of good pics and there is even a store from which you can purchase specialty speed components. http://www.pitsco.com/sos.asp?id=6

Jim
CX-80
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CX-80 »

pwdarchitect wrote:Have you found the Pitsco website? I think that there are alot of good pics and there is even a store from which you can purchase specialty speed components. http://www.pitsco.com/sos.asp?id=6

Jim
yeah, I enjoyed looking at that site. But that's the only place I found with c02 info. Are there any other site besides Mr. C's and Pitsco??
pwdarchitect
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by pwdarchitect »

Those are the only 2 that I also know about.

You can always ask questions.... One of us guys around here might be able to help with something. Me... I specialize in design and paint. :D

Jim
CX-80
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CX-80 »

I'll post pics of my block asap. It's all rough because I haven't went over it with sandpaper yet
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Go Bubba Go »

Mr. Slick mentioned a CO2 car video above. Heeeere it is:

http://www.dropshots.com/videolink.php? ... howVideo=1

I found it in the Rocket Propelled Pinewood Derby string under General Car / Truck Racer Topics (Thanks, Joker).

I also would be interested to hear more, just to make a car for the Open (and I mean really Open) class races. I'm always looking for a car that has a high "Ooh and Aah" factor with the boys.
"Who's Grandpa's neighbor?"... Phil Davis, Down and Derby