Inconsistancies of CO2 Powerlets?

Anything related to CO2 powered racing, such as Blastcar, and event coordination.
BradyS71
Journeyman
Journeyman

Inconsistancies of CO2 Powerlets?

Post by BradyS71 »

So in the stock class paintball world (yeah I know a bit far afield here, but I was younger once) there is definatley a hierarchy when it comes to the 12g CO2 powerlets. With Lelands being one of the best and Crosman being one of the work (as far an consistancy goes). So I was wondering what those of you who have run these races have noticed any glaring inconsistancy with your 12gs.
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Inconsistencies of CO2 Powerlets?

Post by FatSebastian »

BradyS71 wrote:(as far an consistency goes)
For those of us inexperienced on the CO2 side of things, what criteria make a CO2 cartridge "consistent" or "inconsistent" (at least as it relates to the world of paintball)? Fit? Weight? (Lack of) pressure variation during use? No cartridges "stronger" than others? ...
BradyS71
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: Inconsistancies of CO2 Powerlets?

Post by BradyS71 »

Sorry FS,

In regards to paintball which may not affect (effect?) Blast cars, dimensions of the powerlet, seal, amount of gas contained in the powerlet, there are others but I would have to track them down.

Pressure should be consistant if they are all kept at the same temp, but if the amount of gas in each powerlet is different then one car is going to go faster then another, through no fault of the builder.

I was just wondering if anyone had seen a car go half as fast as another and what actions were taken by the race officials.

I guess I would make all races "best of" to try and combat any inconsistancies (if any)