Running Blast Car Race

Anything related to CO2 powered racing, such as Blastcar, and event coordination.
ciodude
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Running Blast Car Race

Post by ciodude »

Has anyone run a good BlastCar race? I talked the leaders in my sons troop into doing a Patrol Challenge with each group of boys making their own BlastCar. The idea was we’d run it with the 8 patrols in our troop and then see if we could extrapolate it into a fundraiser. It was a blast (no pun intended) but it was slow… putting the cars on and off the fishing line took forever. I didn’t see any way to make it a practical fund raiser where we might have hundreds of boys competing. It’s not like you drop a car on a pinewood derby track and off you go.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Running Blast Car Race

Post by whodathunkit »

Ciodude, Welcome back!

Say have you tryed opening up the eyelet loops somewhat..
just so that the string can be passed over the opened end of the eyelet insted of threaded threw it.
Give this a try but have one opening of the eyelet loop faceing to the right side and next one to the left of the car.. this way you can just loop the string on instead of takeing the time to thread each car.

The opening of the eyelet loop runs to topside of the bottom of the car this should help speed up the hooking up of cars.

If you are worried about the cars comeing un-hooked off the string while running..
Have a rule where all cars must have three eyelet hooks.
face the front and back eyelet opening one way and the middle eyelet the outher way.

The middle eyelet placement should be up to the builder where to place it on the car.
Close to the front, middle or back.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
ciodude
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Running Blast Car Race

Post by ciodude »

Not a bad idea whoda. I might try some additional trials with that idea. Thanks!