Pinewood Derby Drivers License

Discussions on race planning, preparations and how to run a "fair" and fun race.
chad9229
Pine Head
Pine Head

Pinewood Derby Drivers License

Post by chad9229 »

I am looking for a template for a Driving License for the Derby. I would like it if someone has one to e-mail or point me in the right direction. We are wanting to take a picture with the boys and their car and put their pic on the template. We have a laminator and camera, we just need a good template.

Thanks for your help.
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Pinewood Derby Drivers License

Post by Go Bubba Go »

Try the Driver's Written Exam and License post. They have a link to the Pack 374 site at the bottom, and Pack 374 has a license posted there under "Example Drivers License" in .pdf format and in an Adobe Photoshop format I am not set up to read.

Forced to replicate, I would PrintPro copy and paste from the .pdf file into PowerPoint and modify there with my own Pack info. I don't have the tools to modify their Photoshop template directly.

Perhaps a PM to Roger Nuffer (last reply in above post) is in order, not sure if he could help you out with the same file in another format (unless you have Adobe Photoshop, then no problem for you).

p.s. I believe these are the same docs that are posted at Grand Prix Race Central in the downloads section. Not aware of any others...
"Who's Grandpa's neighbor?"... Phil Davis, Down and Derby
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Go Bubba Go »

Update:

One of our Den Leaders made up some licenses for his boys (and mine for some help we gave him) for our Derby last weekend.

He referred me to the template found on the Pinewood Pro site.

They have versions there for both Pinewood Derby and Awana races.

The licenses there are in a Microsoft Word format and I think fit the bill you described above.

Our Leader "humored up" the data part i.e. under Eyes he put "Both" instead of "Green" or "Brown", etc. The boys got a kick out of his little twist.
"Who's Grandpa's neighbor?"... Phil Davis, Down and Derby
Old Guy Chuck
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Old Guy Chuck »

We use Printmaster to create our driver licenses. It is very reasonably priced. We use the same spreadsheet data that we import into GrandPrix to import into the template for Printmaster. That populates all of the data fields and produces our licenses on business card stock. You can check out Printmaster at:

http://www.broderbund.com/shopping/sear ... 186pi8ai46

A sample of our license is in our Race Package document on our downloads page:

http://www.abunchofoldguysandatrack.com/download.htm

I can also send the Printmaster template to anyone that is interested.

Chuck Sylvester
http://www.abunchofoldguysandatrack.com/