Attendace Requirement for Race Day Questions....

Discussions on race planning, preparations and how to run a "fair" and fun race.
psycaz
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Attendace Requirement for Race Day Questions....

Post by psycaz »

Bulldog,
I agree, no system is perfect.

I just wanted to point out that it can even happen if you have same day registration so maybe folks give it some thought on how they'd handle the scout not being there.

If our district race was this week instead of next, I'd be nervous. I might have strep, wife is on call and my son wouldn't stay with anyone. He's weird that way, if his idea,he's fine, if forced to, he won't do it.

He doesn't need to be there to race, must be present at check in. But what if something were to happen to the car? Then what, there could be no one there from our home to try to even fix it. We're lucky that all this is happening this week, not next.

Still does give me food for thought to take to our coordinator next year with things to think about.
CuriousGeorge
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Attendace Requirement for Race Day Questions....

Post by CuriousGeorge »

psycaz wrote:CuriousGeorge( not picking on you, but you raise an important fact),
You say you wouldn't give someone the time of day if they yelled at you.

At what point do you get to that frame of mind is hugely important. If its instantly, then all that could do is make the parent in question more upset because it appears you aren't even willing to listen to him.
It was just an expression, although not far off. When ever someone yells at me, I always stand my ground, listen to them yell their rant or rave or both. Then I tell them I'm not going to listen to them if they are going to keep yelling. If they keep yelling, I'll just listen until they stop and repeat myself again. I keep doing that until one of us gives up, and sometimes it is me (usually when they start cursing me). I am one the most laid back people in the world but I don't have to take that. Life's too short. If they can't act like an adult, oh well. I guess it's a good thing I'm only in charge of trophies and patches.
CuriousGeorge
"They say you learn by your mistakes, in that case I must be a genius."