Changing the racing schedule and trophies

Discussions on race planning, preparations and how to run a "fair" and fun race.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Changing the racing schedule and trophies

Post by Speedster »

We have a 3 lane track and each car goes down the track twice. We, the workers, are not really concerned how long it takes, only that everyone is enjoying themselves. Truthfully, I don't want to go home. We schedule the dens races long beforehand and we can get a short break between the dens races. We have a chance to talk to the folks before and after they finish their race. The scouts in each den get special attention because they are basically the only ones there. The Tigers race last and I have no more cars to inspect. I move to the Start end of the track and teach the Tigers how to stage their cars and inspect them on every run. It gives me a chance to get to know the Tigers. Some will stay just to race in the OUTLAW race and some will leave and return. Our races always start and end on time so everyone can plan the day accordingly. It has worked well for us for many years and I look forward to it every year. Feb. 1 is getting mighty close.