Grand finals - subgroups

Discussions on race planning, preparations and how to run a "fair" and fun race.
Rosawendel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Grand finals - subgroups

Post by Rosawendel »

I'm doing my last dry runs with GPRM before the race (in two weeks). This is my first year with the software. We have three groups: scouts, siblings, and adults. In the scout group, there are tigers, bears, wolves, etc.. They all race together. We take the top 4 overall and run a finals round- 4 heats, one car in each lane. Because all of the scouts are in subgroups and only one group, GPRM won't let me do a grand finals round, just a round 2. Is there any way around this setting? Thanks in advance.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Grand finals - subgroups

Post by gpraceman »

Rosawendel wrote:I'm doing my last dry runs with GPRM before the race (in two weeks). This is my first year with the software. We have three groups: scouts, siblings, and adults. In the scout group, there are tigers, bears, wolves, etc.. They all race together. We take the top 4 overall and run a finals round- 4 heats, one car in each lane. Because all of the scouts are in subgroups and only one group, GPRM won't let me do a grand finals round, just a round 2. Is there any way around this setting? Thanks in advance.
If you are wanting to race the top scouts in a finals round, then start a Round 2 for your scouts group.

If you want to race the top scouts, siblings and adults together, then start a Grand Finals round.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.