Footprint for a 32' Freedom Track?

Discussions on race planning, preparations and how to run a "fair" and fun race.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Footprint for a 32' Freedom Track?

Post by Vitamin K »

So our track is currently in storage, but we're starting to plan for this Scout year, which includes the Pinewood Derby. I'm pushing to get our venue changed to something other than our previous one, which means we need to figure in space requirements.

Does anybody happen to know what the 'footprint' is for a 32' freedom track when assembled? I mean, the track is 32' long (plus the stop section), but I don't know what that ends up being with the curve. I guess I could just say 34' with the stop section, just to be safe, but wondered if anybody had the actual assembled dimensions.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Footprint for a 32' Freedom Track?

Post by gpraceman »

I never measured it out. You might give Micro Wizard a call.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
MaxV
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Footprint for a 32' Freedom Track?

Post by MaxV »

Mine measures 33 feet. However, you do need 3 additional feet at the front to allow for staging (this area we restrict from foot traffic), and then a large buffer at the other end for foot traffic, and possible a video camera.