GPRM and Groups/Subgroups

Discussions on race planning, preparations and how to run a "fair" and fun race.
ssingl0830
Apprentice
Apprentice

GPRM and Groups/Subgroups

Post by ssingl0830 »

Hello,

My name is Shawn, CC of a Cub Scout Pack.

We use the GrandPrix Race Manager and home hade wood track. We ussually run each car twice on each lane.

I have been approched by an other pack this year about combining thier pinewood derby with us. I was glab to know that we have a presence in the community and we are willing to help out when ever we can. As most people that run a derby for Cub Scouts, attention spans are short, LOL. To avoid this problem we usually inter mix all scouts and use subgroups to sort out the placement of winner using subgroups per rank. we use timing method so webelos can race with tigers, and bears with wolves, and so on.

I would like to inter mix to two packs scouts together, this keeps all scouts involved. I have tried to set up the packs as groups, with subgroups by rank, this keeps the packs seperate, and creates a schedule for races with in that pack only. By using the ranks as groups, packs as sub groups, tiger race tiger, and wolves race wolves, and so on.

Is there a way to create a schedule that would combine both packs racing at the same time and intermixed? A second subgroup/level would be helpful.

Any help or ideas would be apprieciated.

Thanks,
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPRM and Groups/Subgroups

Post by gpraceman »

You can run with the ranks as the groups and the subgroups being the packs. This will allow racing by rank, but you will be able to see the standings for each pack's ranks by the subgroup standings.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
ssingl0830
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ssingl0830 »

Yes, I under stand that, my problem is keeping the kids interested for the whole time. Tigers are very short in attention span. I know that I can import a schedule. or export the standings if i set it up as one main group, then subgroups by rank.

Will a combined schedule over write the one created by setting up the two packs as groups?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

You can use the "Master Scheduling" feature. That will alternate which race group is currently running.

If you restructure your racers, you will need to delete any schedules. You can export your rosters as a CSV file. Edit them in a spreadsheet program, delete all your rosters in GPRM, then import the edited CSV file.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.