Driver's Written Exam and License

Discussions on race planning, preparations and how to run a "fair" and fun race.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Driver's Written Exam and License

Post by gpraceman »

Check out this pack's Driver's Written Exam and Example Drivers License documents.

http://www.awebian.com/pinewood/Default ... _Documents

I'll check with them to see if they would make their original file for the Drivers License available so others could edit it for their own race.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
ranman106
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Driver's Written Exam and License

Post by ranman106 »

:shock:

Holy Pinewood Derby Batman! What a cool site!

There was alot of time, effort, and talent put into that. Be sure to check out the 43 page booklet in Adobe format. I would loved to have had that before our first PWD.

See if they will allow downloading and modifaction of the registration and inspection sheet as well.
The Wedge - It's not a doorstop, it's a way of life!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

ranman106 wrote::shock:

There was alot of time, effort, and talent put into that. Be sure to check out the 43 page booklet in Adobe format. I would loved to have had that before our first PWD.

See if they will allow downloading and modifaction of the registration and inspection sheet as well.
I missed opening the "Pack 374 Rules Procedures & More..." document the first time around. You are right. They did put a lot of work into that document.

I will see if they are willing to post any editable documents to my GrandPrix Race Central site, where they will be easily accessible to all. I sent an email and am waiting to hear back.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

I was pleasantly suprised to find out that this was one of my software customers. Here's his response:
This was the first year that we held our Registration for the races on the night before the race. I decided to give them a taste of what we go through at the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) by welcoming them to the Department of Pinewood Vehicles (DPV). We had it all, the Eye Exam, The Written Exam, The Drivers Test [test run down derby track], and yes even the waiting in lines!!! We also had a pit area for car modifications and repair.
Pretty cool!
http://www.sccc-pack374.org/pinewood/Default.htm

I will soon be posting all of the files we used for our Derby on our site at the above link. As soon as I get the files together and time. I will send you another message to let you know when you can access them. You are most definitely welcomed to leverage the material :-) It's all about the Boys having FUN and if this helps, I'm all for it.
I'll let you all know when I hear back from him. I especially like his last sentence.
Randy Lisano

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

They have the files now posted on their site. I will also be posting them on GrandPrix Race Central.

Thanks Richard! It will be a great resource to others.
Randy Lisano

ranman106
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ranman106 »

Great info! I have already downloaded and modified the inspection sheet! :D
The Wedge - It's not a doorstop, it's a way of life!
Roger Nuffer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Roger Nuffer »

Old Guy Chuck
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Old Guy Chuck »

We have a couple of samples as well on our dowloads page.

Chuck Sylvester
http://www.abunchofoldguysandatrack.com/
dascomp51
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by dascomp51 »

As is usually the case, the website looks to have changed a lot over the last couple of years. Does anyone still have a copy of the docs from it?

Thanks,

David
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Much of what they had available is also on the GrandPrix Race Central website.
Randy Lisano

AlabamaDan
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by AlabamaDan »

ranman106 wrote::shock:

What ever happened to the 43 page booklet? Anyone got a copy of it in Word or PDF?
Randy and Son
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Randy and Son »

AlabamaDan wrote:What ever happened to the 43 page booklet? Anyone got a copy of it in Word or PDF?
It's still on Randy's site.

http://grandprix-race-central.com/modul ... tit&lid=10

Randy (no relation) :)
AlabamaDan
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by AlabamaDan »

Thanks!