PWD Decorating

Discussions on race planning, preparations and how to run a "fair" and fun race.
Mr. Bob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PWD Decorating

Post by Mr. Bob »

I have been drafted to do the decorations for the district PWD event in March... I just wanted to ping the board to see if anyone has any suggestions? This is my second PWD event, the first one just a few weeks ago at the pack level. So any suggestions on how you do your events would be helpful...

Mr. Bob
Host of A Cub Scouting Adventure Podcast &
The Scout Roundtable Podcast
Dad of 3
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: PWD Decorating

Post by Dad of 3 »

My favorite decorating tip is hubcap coloring. The boys can use a silver metallic Sharpie and quickly color the hubcaps lettering etc. After a few minutes another color can be applied right over the silver to get a metallic color. Don't worry if the boys get a little sloppy a black sharpie just as quickly covers the silver. If yours tigers have a few slip ups Mom or Dad can quickly clean it up with a black Sharpie. This provides instant gratification for those with short attention spans. Low cost, low mess, easy for the boys, big results. :D
ranman106
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ranman106 »

Check this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=935&highlight=pennant

Valvoline sent me a whole package. Really cool to use.
The Wedge - It's not a doorstop, it's a way of life!
dascomp51
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by dascomp51 »

The other thread doesn't say who you emailed at Valvoline. Any details you could share would be great.

Thanks,

David
ranman106
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ranman106 »

dascomp51 wrote:The other thread doesn't say who you emailed at Valvoline. Any details you could share would be great.

Thanks,

David
Call them at 1-800-team-val and ask for promotional and decorating materials for your PWD. Don't forget to mention Boy / Cub Scouting.
The Wedge - It's not a doorstop, it's a way of life!