Test Track Plans

DIY tracks.
Rukkian
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Test Track Plans

Post by Rukkian »

Our pack is starting to think about spring recruiting, and an idea was put up to possibly build a simple 2 lane short track for a demo, with some cars of various levels of finish and some basic cars to allow potential recruits to race for small prizes. Does anybody know of some simple test track plans that would be simple, easy to build and easy to carry? I know we could probably just whip something together, but I figured somebody here would know of some easy plans.

TIA
Mr. Slick
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Test Track Plans

Post by Mr. Slick »

Sure can help out! :D I have some that you could even borrow. I'm in Apple Valley.

I'll have a big track and a small test track at the upcoming StarCamp in May at Stearns Camp if you want to stop by and check them out.
Mr. Slick says: Honey, I am doing this for the kids, not myself.
Rukkian
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Rukkian »

Thank you, I will definitely take you up on that if we do not get a test track built.
doct1010
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by doct1010 »

Check out these for some info and inspiration:

viewtopic.php?t=371&highlight=timer" target="_blank

http://home.simplyweb.net/bosworth/tracks.htm" target="_blank
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Hadn't seen any plans for a "Test Track", but you can modify and of the available plans to reduce the number of lanes and maybe shorten it up.

doct1010 listed one set of good plans. Some others are listed at http://grandprix-race-central.com/modul ... page&pid=2.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.