Car Design Ideas

Links to cool non-commercial derby or regatta websites or web pages!
Penny
Apprentice
Apprentice

Car Design Ideas

Post by Penny »

:| Help! I am an Awana Mom/Leader who has to get four cars Grand Prix ready by 22 November! My husband isn't helping, so I am on my own for this one. I have a 10 yr. old girl who wants something "girly" and two 3yr. olds who don't know what they want. None of us really care about winning speed (don't cringe, please). We just want some cool looking cars. I have already visited the McGrew website with all those awesome cars. I do know since I have four cars to do in a month that I should get started ASAP and keep the designs as simple as possible. Are there any other sites out there with other design ideas? And any other wisdome from the pros? Thanks!
Mike Parrish
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Car Design Ideas

Post by Mike Parrish »

Penny wrote:Are there any other sites out there with other design ideas? And any other wisdome from the pros? Thanks!
Penny,

Check out http://pwdracer.com/.

There is a nice collection of pictures there.

Keep in mind that you can build a very fast car with all of the advice here in the forum, and still get creative with the design.

Good luck.
Race Fast-
Mike Parrish
Parrish Racing
www.derbydayz.com
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Car Design Ideas

Post by gpraceman »

Hello Penny,

Make sure to check out the sites in the "Cool Websites" and "Car and Semi-Truck Photos" forums. Those will hopefully spark some ideas and give you some tips.

Your husband is missing out. I hope it is more a case that he can't help, as opposed to won't help.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.