Mid America Derby Apr 27 2019

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
aircooled
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mid America Derby Apr 27 2019

Post by aircooled »

The Mid America Derby is fast approaching. Don’t miss out on the fastest racing in the country. Start making those travel plans or when you want to mail in those proxy cars. To win at the Daytona 500 is the ultimate for NASCAR. To win at the Mid America Derby is the ultimate for our hobby. Many try to win this could be the year for you to beat the best of the best. Looking forward to seeing you track side for the Mid America Derby/National!!!
Go to http://www.mid-americaderby.com/ for detailed information
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Mid America Derby Apr 27 2019

Post by Speedster »

aircooled,I tried writing to Gregg's email but it came back undeliverable. A couple of us would like to race in the "B" class truck but we would like the graphite to be a separate category. They could still race them together but if you sign up for "graphite" only then that would be the only award you would be entitled to. I know this is for Fun but we don't want to race against oil trucks.

I don't know how involved you are with the Mid America, but if you know how to contact Gregg I would appreciate the info. Thank you.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Speedster wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:02 am aircooled,I tried writing to Gregg's email but it came back undeliverable. A couple of us would like to race in the "B" class truck but we would like the graphite to be a separate category. They could still race them together but if you sign up for "graphite" only then that would be the only award you would be entitled to. I know this is for Fun but we don't want to race against oil trucks.
I don't know that they get enough big rig entries to be able to split into separate graphite and oil divisions.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

They wouldn't need to split the divisions. The info would be in the computer. They could run them all together. They would not need to award some fancy trophy to the graphite division. A letter from Gregg would satisfy me. I think it might draw more trucks for the Class "B" division because it's a lot easier to run a 3 wheel rail rider in the Class "B" division and the racing would be lots more fair. If a graphite lubed truck wanted to run with the oil trucks it could do that. That truck would not be eligible for the award for the "Graphite Only" category.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

I talked with Greg yesterday and it sounds like there are some cool changes coming to the Mid America race. Now that I have piqued your interest, I'll leave you hanging. I won't steal Greg's thunder and I'll let him tell y'all what's coming.

I do intend to be there at this year's race. Hopefully, I'll see some of you there.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

I surely wish I could attend. That's got to be quite a party. I watch my neighbors house and they will not be back from Florida in April. Tell Gregg to move it into May. OK, I'm kidding.
aircooled
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by aircooled »

The new main page for Mid America Derby is up. The registration page will be up shortly. There are many Divisions to race in. You will also see there is no Qualified Scouts Division. All Scouts Girls/Boys and, anyone else can come race at Mid America and have a racing experience second to none.
Mid America Derby is open to everyone!!

National Scout Graphite Division - Open to all Scouts by grade level
National Scout Oil Division - Open to all Scouts by grade level
Kids Division Graphite - Any Non-Scout - under the age of 18 years old
Adult Division Graphite - Any Adult over the age of 18
Kids Division Oil - Any Non-Scout - under the age of 18 years old including
Adult Division Oil - Any Adult over the age of 18
Pro Divisions - Compete at the highest level - 8 Separate Classes to race - April 26th
Big Rig Divisions - Race your Pinewood Truck in a Special Big Rig Races - April 26th
aircooled
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by aircooled »

Attention everyone, the registration page for the Mid America Derby is up and running. Remember Mid America is open to everyone you don't have to be a Scout or Qualified Scout to race. Come join the fastest Derby race in the country and the home of the Guinness World Record for the longest Pinewood Derby Track in the WORLD!!! Meet and talk to the fast Pro's Racer's in the world. Experience the ultimate Derby day of racing!!! Register today!! http://www.mid-americaderby.com/
xanthrum
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by xanthrum »

We can certainly - keep track of graphite vs oil Big Rigs that isn't an issue what so ever - I don't think we have enough entrants in this division to create an entirely separate divisions but we can certainly track and possibly award. We will in part have to base it on the number of entrants.
Speedster wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:02 am aircooled,I tried writing to Gregg's email but it came back undeliverable. A couple of us would like to race in the "B" class truck but we would like the graphite to be a separate category. They could still race them together but if you sign up for "graphite" only then that would be the only award you would be entitled to. I know this is for Fun but we don't want to race against oil trucks.

I don't know how involved you are with the Mid America, but if you know how to contact Gregg I would appreciate the info. Thank you.
Greg Dawes
Mid-America Pinewood Derby
http://www.midamericaderby.com
midamericaderby@yahoo.com
(402) 659-1714