Arizona Pack 408 results

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
earnhardtjunkie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arizona Pack 408 results

Post by earnhardtjunkie »

Hey everybody,

This years Pinewood for Pack 408 in Sierra Vista, Arizona turned out pretty good. For starters, I donated an aluminum 4 lane 42' BestTrack and MicroWizard scoring tower to the Pack, that system is AWESOME. The wooden track it replaced needed some serious TLC or composting either or. My wife custom made table cloths for all the event tables, they turned out really great; eat your heart out Martha Syewart. Instead of a round robin format, we went to a points system and rotation method used from links found on this site. All told, we took what used to take 3.5 hours and trimmed it down to just under 1.5, next year we should have the software to manage it and make it easier to maintain.

The Pack Board approved our new trophy package consiting of Den medals and Pack trophies for the kids to keep but the new idea is 2 Pack trophies for BSA Pinewood and an Open clas that will stay with the Pack and be present at every function, like Blue and Gold and such. The idea was "borrowed" from NHL Stanley Cup and the Harley J. Earl Daytona 500 trophy where each years winner is engraved on the base for everyone to see for years to come.

My son's car, "Sunday Money", turned out pretty good and thanks to all the information found here and tools purchased from MV the car ran well all day. We could have spent a little more time on the alignment (stock axle location), on the flat part of the track the car got a little loose for the last 8 feet but still pulled away. On the Pack level, the car went 8-0 and took the Pack Championship!!! My car in the Open class went 15-1 and it's only loss came from my 17 year old Son (soon to be Eagle), little bit of bragging rights there. But it was cool that we took both classes in the annuagural Chase for the Cup.

I had to head back overseas before the District races held a week later, but "Sunday Money" brought home the bacon for that event too and went 3-0 on the day to claim the top prize.

The car after 11 heats is showing no signs of slowing right now either, it obviously is breaking in pretty decent and actually getting faster; which is good news, the State Council Finals are coming up April 9th where it'll run 3 more times...... and hopefully have a good showing against the fastest in the State.

Here are a couple pictures I posted on my new web site.........

http://www.racingpicsnstuff.com/pageord ... Money1.jpg

http://www.racingpicsnstuff.com/pageord ... Money2.jpg

http://www.racingpicsnstuff.com/pageord ... Money3.jpg

Here is a pic of the 2 cups..........

http://www.racingpicsnstuff.com/pageord ... theCup.jpg

Thanks again everyone, I'll pop in here after the 9th and post the result on the Council Championship.

p.s. please feel free to check out the rest of the site I just launched, it has some great pictures from Iraq in there, not to worry though those pages look more like a Chamber of Commerce page; all in good taste. If anyone would like their cars posted, shoot them to me and I'll post them for you.

www.racingpicsnstuff.com
"You win some, lose some, and wreck some."........Dale Earnhardt
Pinewood Daddy
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Arizona Pack 408 results

Post by Pinewood Daddy »

Is that an actual one hundred dollar bill on that car???

My kids cars may average that cost because of the tools I bought.

Maybe next year you could silver & gold coins for weight.
earnhardtjunkie
Apprentice
Apprentice

LOL :mrgreen:

No it's not a real C note although my wallet would argue that, I too made a charitable contribution to Randy at Maximum Velocity.

That is a scan and reduction of the real thing, printed onto decal paper, same with the little bills.

The name "Sunday Money" came from a comment Earnhardt made after winning Talladega marking his 76th and last win.
FRANKLIN WHALEY
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by FRANKLIN WHALEY »

WOW!! Those are big trophies. We could put ours in the cup. God bless you in Iraq! We'll keep you in pur prayers.
BE A FISHER OF MEN!
earnhardtjunkie
Apprentice
Apprentice

They are big, and really heavy. He doesn't know it yet but I ordered a duplicate cup and after the Council Championship I'm having the season engraved and he'll get to keep that one. He and that little car really brought home the hardware this year........
kcobb
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by kcobb »

What an awesome idea. Where did you order trophies that size?
Kevin
earnhardtjunkie
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is the guy that hooked us up, he is retired Air Force. He sold us........

12 medals (1st, 2nd & 3rd place each den) w/ ribbon and these things are pretty llarge.

1st, 2nd & 3rd place colum type trophies for the Pack Chamionship.

and the 2 cups for perminate display belongin to the pack, solid wood and made out of metal.

$350 total........ not bad at all!! here is his link.

http://www.factory-support.com/mvp/