Digital Scales & Weights

Other commercial providers of derby and regatta related goods and services can show off their wares, announce new products and/or advertise their website. Members can also discuss derby and regatta products/services here as well.
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Digital Scales & Weights

Post by Go Bubba Go »

BigDozer66 wrote:I just purchased the PW5200 USAScales and haven't had a chance to 'play' with it yet. :(

BigDozer66
My personal one and the one for our Pack (both PW5200s) have worked great, except when we had one dad try to calibrate the Pack scale with the weight still in the Plastic Container.

Fortunately, I caught it right away by performing one of my "paranoia" checks i.e. the first object weighed at "check in" should always be the test weight to ensure calibration.

I hadn't even seen the dad perform the "calibration", but when he saw me put the "naked" test weight on the scale and it registered 4.6something, he fessed up right away about his error.
"Who's Grandpa's neighbor?"... Phil Davis, Down and Derby
BigDozer66
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Digital Scales & Weights

Post by BigDozer66 »

Go Bubba Go wrote:
BigDozer66 wrote:I just purchased the PW5200 USAScales and haven't had a chance to 'play' with it yet. :(

BigDozer66
My personal one and the one for our Pack (both PW5200s) have worked great, except when we had one dad try to calibrate the Pack scale with the weight still in the Plastic Container.

Fortunately, I caught it right away by performing one of my "paranoia" checks i.e. the first object weighed at "check in" should always be the test weight to ensure calibration.

I hadn't even seen the dad perform the "calibration", but when he saw me put the "naked" test weight on the scale and it registered 4.6something, he fessed up right away about his error.

I have had time to do some 'playing' with the PW5200 and it will not calibrate or it will not stay calibrated. :(
I can weigh a car and then weigh the 5.00 Oz calibration weight and it will weigh correct. Then I do it again and the car will weigh .01 different than it just weighed and I will put the calibration wieght on it and it will weigh 4.99. :cry:

Since I last posted I took everyone's advice and got a 2nd scale to assist in weigh in. I purchased an Ohaus CS200. :)
I can weigh the car, weigh the cali-weight, weigh the car and it weighs them the same every time. :D

I am going to try and send the PW5200 back or something?

Lynn
"one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Cubmaster and AWANA Game Director