DGF 123 dry graphite lubricant spray

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
PolishRacer
Apprentice
Apprentice

DGF 123 dry graphite lubricant spray

Post by PolishRacer »

Any one use this , is it legal for dry graphite only races??
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: DGF 123 dry graphite lubricant spray

Post by Speedster »

To stay on Topic, I'll say "No", even though it might be in your particular District.
Prepping and Lubing a wheel hub is a fairly involved procedure. There are excellent dry graphites on the market and Hob-E-Lube seems to be very popular. Many top racers mix different graphites together which they feel gives them an edge. The experts explain to us what to do and it has worked out well for me. I recommend using the search function and see what the 1st place winners have to say. I think you'll be pleased with the results.
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: DGF 123 dry graphite lubricant spray

Post by FatSebastian »

:welcome: PolishRacer!
PolishRacer wrote:Any one use this, is it legal for dry graphite only races??
Well, it depends on your local rules. I suspect most rules specify "dry lubricants" and/or "graphite" rather than "dry graphite". I think it could very well be legal because, according to the product information sheet, the carrier dries completely and rapidly (about 3 minutes).

Whether you get a performance benefit from this product v. other forms of graphite is a separate issue to its legality. The product seems intended to provide temporary lubrication via a very thin dry film during assembly, for situations where an oil is later used under high pressure and high temperature. It might be interesting to try in combination with a liquid lube...