2 oz Tungsten weight kit

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

2 oz Tungsten weight kit

Post by Speedster »

There is a privately owned company that has a rather huge amount of Pinewood Derby supplies in our area. Derby Worx manufactured for the Boy Scouts of America a package called Pro Tungsten Incremental weight kit. The kit includes 3/8" tungsten cylinders, 2 pcs 1/2 oz,, 2 pcs 1/4 oz., 4 pcs 1/8 oz. for a total of 2 ounces and measures 3/8" by 1 3/4". If someone is using 25/64" holes and wants 2 ounces behind the rear axle slot this would allow them to do that. The rear hole would have to be drilled all the way through the block. The kit is priced at $15.99 and has a number of 614380.

I know you can buy anything you want from many different Vendors but there is always a shipping cost. I do not yet know if our scout shop sells this particular product. Our scout shop is located far away from me but I will get there eventually. This would simply be one way to build a slim car by drilling the holes near the bottom of the car and then sanding the car down until you reach the top of the tungsten. Additional weight could be added in the hole or holes in front of the rear axle slot with tundra, lead rod, steel rod or whatever it takes. Please let me know if your scout shop offers this product.
Thank you.

I have learned our scout shop sells this product. I hope yours does also.