How to prep axels for oil?

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
Sleestak
Pine Head
Pine Head

How to prep axels for oil?

Post by Sleestak »

Using oil kytox?? 100 from the scout store. I read alot about spraying polloshed acels with a jig a loo or something but that product isnt available. I hear alot about pledge. Is this a good substitute for jig-a-loo? Does it work well with oil.

Also what are the steps with whatever I use. Spray on and let dry then wipe off with link free screen wipe? Dont wipe off?
Loud2ns
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: How to prep axels for oil?

Post by Loud2ns »

Sleestak wrote:Using oil kytox?? 100 from the scout store. I read alot about spraying polloshed acels with a jig a loo or something but that product isnt available. I hear alot about pledge. Is this a good substitute for jig-a-loo? Does it work well with oil.

Also what are the steps with whatever I use. Spray on and let dry then wipe off with link free screen wipe? Dont wipe off?
You can find it on ebay sometimes. I actually have about 8 cans to sell, but I need to figure out shipping cost first. A substitute for jigaloo is Max Pro silicone. I haven't ever tried it, but some say it's equivalent speeds to jigaloo. Pledge/sailcoat is for graphite only.
Apply jig to polished axles and wait 10-15 mins. Apply small drop of oil. Place axle in wheel and spin to distribute oil. Place one car. You should run real tight wheel gaps with oil.
I hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sleestak
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Sleestak »

Loud2ns wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:10 am
Sleestak wrote:Using oil kytox?? 100 from the scout store. I read alot about spraying polloshed acels with a jig a loo or something but that product isnt available. I hear alot about pledge. Is this a good substitute for jig-a-loo? Does it work well with oil.

You can find it on ebay sometimes. I actually have about 8 cans to sell, but I need to figure out shipping cost first. A substitute for jigaloo is Max Pro silicone. I haven't ever tried it, but some say it's equivalent speeds to jigaloo. Pledge/sailcoat is for graphite only.
Apply jig to polished axles and wait 10-15 mins. Apply small drop of oil. Place axle in wheel and spin to distribute oil. Place one car. You should run real tight wheel gaps with oil.
I hope this helps.

[/quot

After spraying the jig I dont wide them off in anyway after it dries?
Loud2ns
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Loud2ns »

Sleestak wrote:
Loud2ns wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:10 am You can find it on ebay sometimes. I actually have about 8 cans to sell, but I need to figure out shipping cost first. A substitute for jigaloo is Max Pro silicone. I haven't ever tried it, but some say it's equivalent speeds to jigaloo. Pledge/sailcoat is for graphite only.
I hope this helps.

[/quot

After spraying the jig I dont wide them off in anyway after it dries?
Nope, don't wipe or touch it at all.