2019 Mid America Derby - the Greatest Scout Race in the US

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
xanthrum
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

2019 Mid America Derby - the Greatest Scout Race in the US

Post by xanthrum »

All right everyone... I have been very busy behind the scenes... We have some amazing things in store for this year’s event. I really hope many of you are a part of this year's Best Pinewood Derby Show on the planet. There are some exciting new changes as we roll out this year's event. Registration is Live Now - and for those entering in the Non-Pro Divisions we will be doing a special prize give away out of the first 100 entrants. Do not miss your chance to win.... ummm a Track

To begin with this is a flagship year for us as we had to fly solo without the direct involvement of our Council, as the changes that the council wanted to make would have not contributed to the continued success of the event. So more now than ever we need your support in promoting and continuing to make this event something very special. The Greatest Scout Derby Race - open this year to both Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts. It is also going to be the Nationals for Pro Racing as it has for the last several years. We really want to ramp up numbers so spread the word to your local scouts both girl and cub scouts. For those of you that race on the Pro side of things - there is no other venue that you get to race your pro cars on a 6-lane track against the fastest in the country to be called Champion of Nationals.

Ok so here is what is happening at this year's Mid America Pinewood Derby www.midamericaderby.com

-- The Event will again be hosted at CLAAS of North America
- 8401 S 132nd St - Omaha, NE
-- The Dates are April 26th & 27th
- Pro Racing will be on the 26th
- Scout, Adult, Kid Racing on the 27th
-- All racing will be broadcast live
-- Things will kick off with Pro Racing - that will be an all day Friday Event - April 26th ... Nationals will again be run at this year's MA We will have check-in Thursday evening from 5-9pm on April 25th... with racing to begin at 9am and run until things are completed. We have some very special custom trophies - along with lunch provided as part of the event. Who will be crowned this year's MA Pro Champion? We will also be racing the Big Rig's at the end of day on Friday Night - We may even have a get a kit and build a car in 20mins race - depending on the level of interest.
-- Mid America Derby - April 27th
Early check in will happen April 26th from 5-9pm... on the 27th Check in will start at 8am until 10am with Ceremonies and racing to begin at 10am. We will have 6 divisions... of the most competitive Scout, Kid and Adult racing in the country. www.midamericaderby.com

Some of the things that make Mid America Pinewood Derby an event unlike any other is that at this year's event we will again be having:
- You can race Proxy – you can send in your cars are race against the best in the country
- Great Concessions
- Entry Bags stuffed with all kinds of swag - 1 bag per car entered
- LEGO - Car Building and Racing
- Hot Wheel - Racing - all entrants receive a Hot Wheel in their entry bag
- Pinewood Derby Drag Strip Racing - Race head to head
- The Omaha Corvette Club will be running a Valve Cover Race on the 27th Saturday
- If you are interested in building and Racing a Valve Cover Car see attached document
- Amazing prizes and giveaways - totaling thousands of dollars
- Many Vendors onsite selling pinewood derby parts
- Several local Mascots - including the Star Wars crew
- Hundred+ Trophies awarded
- National Auto Safety Patch
- and many other fun filled things to do at this year Mid America Derby

This is our 9th annual Mid America Derby... Do not miss out on the largest Pinewood Derby Race in the United States - lots of information and details can be found on the website www.midamericaderby.com

Hotel Discount Information is also attached so you can reserve your discounted rooms now.
Greg Dawes
Mid-America Pinewood Derby
http://www.midamericaderby.com
midamericaderby@yahoo.com
(402) 659-1714
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: 2019 Mid America Derby - the Greatest Scout Race in the US

Post by Speedster »

I'd like to see you make a "Graphite Only" for the Class "B" Big Rigs. Race them all together but if I sign up for "Graphite Only" that's who I'm racing against. The computer will give you the answer. I don't want a trophy but I'd like to see how I do against a Class "B" Graphite truck.

Thank You.
xanthrum
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by xanthrum »

I thought I answered this in regards to your other post - We can see how many entrants we get and we can certainly record and separate out times.
Greg Dawes
(402) 659-1714
xanthrum
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by xanthrum »

Just a quick heads up that we are nearing our first 100 entries and if you want to be in the drawing for the Best Track Test Track you are going to want to get signed up … so that you can win a change to receive a Free Best Track Test Track. www.midamericaderby.com
Greg Dawes
(402) 659-1714