Best All Around CA Glue !!

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
Ratrodsrule1
Pine Head
Pine Head

Best All Around CA Glue !!

Post by Ratrodsrule1 »

If MacGyver had only 1, just 1 and only 1 choice of CA Glue which one would he use ?
Last edited by Ratrodsrule1 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Best All Around CA Glue !!

Post by Darin McGrew »

For derby purposes, I tend to get gel CA glues, because they work better for emergency repairs (when the parts may no longer mate perfectly). They also work well for attaching decorations during workshops (although I use epoxy and wood glue for that too).

I also tend to get the packages that have several small tubes, rather than one large tube. By the time I use CA glue again, the opened tube will have hardened no matter how well I try to reseal it. So I'd rather waste a small tube than a large tube.

I've seen videos that show techniques for saturating wood with thin CA glues, but I've never tried that.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

Loctite Super Glue, Gel Control, No drip, Easy Application. I like the side grips for dispensing. I always have a new container for back up. My main use with Derby work is to glue in the axles. I know what you're going to say but I do it anyway. It gives me a lot of comfort.
Ratrodsrule1
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Ratrodsrule1 »

Glue those axles Speedster. It make us all sleep easier knowing they'll stay where we want them...Thanks for the reply.....RRR

BTW the Easter Bunny will be coming soon. I know some kids that are going to be very excited to see what's in their basket !!!!!!
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

I'll bet the Easter Bunny will provide a Great Teacher to help them.
Ratrodsrule1
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Ratrodsrule1 »

Speedster, the Teacher has a great Professor leading him by the hand who's yet to give him any false information !! Learning more each day !!
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Sorry guy's my finger's were all stuck together with some Gorilla super glue gel ... had to brake out the acetone before i could even attempt the hen peck typing .. LOl!

According to this link the top 10 best ca glues for 2020 are ... https://www.gearhungry.com/best-super-glue/

So id say id the Gorilla super glue gel might be the best all around ca glue for 2020 . RRR.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
Ratrodsrule1
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Ratrodsrule1 »

Thanks Whod, that’s too many choices for such a simpleton as myself. I have a hard enough trouble picking between chocolate or vinalla ice cream. Lol
Last edited by Ratrodsrule1 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

I invite everyone to read #2. I have always wondered why after a year I would use it and the glue would come out. Now I know. I have stored it laying on its side with no problem but I will now store it sitting straight up. I buy bottle 45198, which is .14 oz, and is the one Walmart sells. So far, no loose axles.

CAUTION!!! Be careful what you might read about anything on Derbytalk tomorrow. YES, you put the weight in the back.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Wish i would of known about this cool tool called .. the glue looper a few day's ago !
http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/cvd/cvd101 ... n4QAvD_BwE
Ratrodsrule1
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Ratrodsrule1 »

Whoda that sounds like a good handle for someone. Glue Looper....so funny sounding but it looks promising. Got a surprise for everyone, just waiting for the right time to unleash the beast !! LOL
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Ratrodsrule1 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:33 pm Got a surprise for everyone, just waiting for the right time to unleash the beast !! LOL
Hope it is not as scary as the pandemic were all faced with.. Can't wait to seen the beast RRR!