POJ or Useful

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
Ratrodsrule1
Pine Head
Pine Head

POJ or Useful

Post by Ratrodsrule1 »

Does anyone know if this a POJ or the best thing since sliced bread for the builder on a budget ? Asking for a friend !!https://imgur.com/HMMbXBJ

Looks like another Imgur user error !! :scratching:
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: POJ or Useful

Post by Speedster »

rrr, I think I have the answer for your friend.

If he/she will go on Youtube and find "EASY Pinewood derby car WINS using Science", I think the question will be answered. If the question is not answered, Please come back.

I'm wondering if the question is actually "How do I win a Pine car race"? The answer is simple. Follow science better then everyone else in the race.
Ratrodsrule1
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Ratrodsrule1 »

Speedster, I think my friend finally gets it...

Science:
The intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation.

I think what he's trying to say is, When the potential energy of 3 or 4 block's of wood sitting atop an incline with 4 wheels mounted on 4 axles independent of each other is released and turned into kinetic energy. The one that has followed the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation has the better chance of reaching the finish line first.

In other words: What goes up must come down because gravity ALWAYS wins....LOL LOL RRR
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

Yep, you are Correct.

Isaac Newton. (1642-1727). 3 Laws of Motion.