Simple Green v Rejex

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
Ratrodsrule1
Pine Head
Pine Head

Simple Green v Rejex

Post by Ratrodsrule1 »

Thought I posted this earlier but can't find it So......

Simple Green or Rejex

SG. user friendly, single coat,easy to apply, quick cure time.

Rejex, easily applied, long cure time, extra coats.

Anyone used either or both and results please

Thanks.......RRR
murphken
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Simple Green v Rejex

Post by murphken »

Rejex is really good as the last part of your bore preparation procedure. We use Rejex in a totally different manner than the traditional process used by many racers. I think we really got this figured out. Still, traditional processes, using Rejex, will work just fine!
Polymer waxes are good if you don't want to pay for a bottle of Rejex. I have been using the same bottle of Rejex for about four years. Getting low. It is only used for PWD wheel preparation. Over 2000 sets of wheels and I see no need to change.
Murph
Shining Light Tribology
SHINING LIGHT Pinewood Derby & Audio
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

Now that is an endorsment! Thanks Murph.

You have to know that your comment "We use Rejex in a totally different manner than the traditional process used by many racer." is going to be followed by questions. So, I'll start with how/in what way are you using Rejex?
murphken
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by murphken »

Hey Eagle,
Nosy Nosy! :D Trade Secret from an intellectual property approach. I will not patent this process. I opened my mouth about the make-up of my D-1 oil and I think that is enough free information for this time in point.
Our process is is tied to the upstream bore preparation processes that we also use. Each year we try to improve our bore processes that increase throughput efficiency and most important, increase the duration of the wheel spin with our proprietary spin test validation. All processes are validated through a Six Sigma approach.
Our process is successful because of many factors. I have been been working on PWD wheels what seems like forever. Economies of scale come into play. We have taken the same approach for the machined tread surface. We now have a machined thread surface that has a nicer overall appearance because of our continuous improvement efforts.
Use Rejex as you all traditionally use it and validate your wheel spin. You will be fast if you have an aligned car! :thumbup:
Murph
SLT
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

Wait what? The formula for D1 is out somewhere?

I have learned many things. When it comes to PWD it is not so much what you use, but how and how much you use. In other words, much like the best chocolate chip cookies and sweet potatoes I have ever had - it is not just the receipt - but the pan, gas vs electric, timing...

I haven't been around long enough to have ever had the fortune of using your D1. And, I don't trust what anyone else says is D1. So, I guess for now I'll hope you point me in the correct direction.

I know a few guys say they are about to run out of D1. Most are guessing they will either get slower or retire. If they can make their own D1 why would they be worried about it?
murphken
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by murphken »

Galden HT-230
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

Straight up? No thinners or additives?

Also, if I get some do I use it by itself?
Add to bores just before race?
What is your experience with how long it will last open air?

Or, are wheels and axles installed using a vendor oil and then D]Galden HT-230 added just before race?

Should it be liberally applied?
murphken
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by murphken »

I did a bunch of development work and the result was D-1. You might want to ask the vendors who are selling oils for their opinion. I do not sell anymore.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

The rumor that has spread is that you lost the formula and that once D1 is gone it is gone.

There is also a rumor that you attempted again and the second "batch" was not the same. Some call it D2.

All the vendors think their oil is the best. Not sure what you want me to ask them other than that - as far as opinions go.

Pretty sure all of them have a little D1 around for special occasions. I can give you one example in a private setting.

I know I don't have any. And, if you are no longer selling or creating then it has to be one of the vendor products. Straight Krytox is not fast enough.

Gotta say that for the quantities and the strong desire for top racers and want to bes, from an MBA's perspective there appears to be more than a market for Murph's famous D!.