2023 West Coast Grand Prix

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

Hoping you all plan to race the 70th Anniversary of Pinewood Derby at the 2023 West Coast Grand Prix.

New Classes - More options - More ways to get your name on the Perpetual Trophy.

May 6, 2023 10 AM PST

Details at www.TheWestCoastGrandPrix.com
Last edited by Eagle on Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: 2023 West Coast Grand Prix

Post by Eagle »

Logo is done and on http://www.TheWestCoastGrandPrix.com Shirt info will be available for preorders soon.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

Here is the 70th Anniversary of Pinewood Derby Celebration at The West Coast Grand Prix shirt info.
One of these will be in the Pinewood Derby Museum.
Please let me know type, size, and quantity you would like. You can Paypal me the $ (friends and family (as a gift not a purchase - otherwise amount received on my end will not cover the shirt). I need to preorder so shirts can ship back with racers cars.

T Shirt Short Sleeve - $13.50
T-Shirt Long Sleeve - $15.50
Polo - $27.50
Sweat Shirt - $24.50
Hoodie - $27.50

Shirt front

Shirt back (except polos)
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

Clock is counting down to The 70th Anniversary Celebration of Pinewood Derby at http://www.TheWestCoastGrandPrix.com There is a class for every BSA wheel type from 1953 to current. Registrations are starting to come in. If you haven't registered yet please do so. The first proxy racer has arrived. You still have time. Also, Shirts are still available for purchase, but need to be ordered and paid before Wed April 26. Contact email is on website if you have questions.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Eagle,
I know it's a lot of hard work for the kids to get there car's and truck's ready and to put on a Pinewood Derby Event.
I want to wish them all and you the best of luck with the.. West Coast Grand Prix 70th Anniversary Celebration Of The Pinewood Derby .

Best of Luck Every One!
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

Thank you so much for sending your AWESOME realistic Big Rigs and Charlie's Hummer. The attention to detail on Bobcat is unbelievable!!

I hardly got any pictures. I was running all over the place and staging all the cars and rigs. The volunteers started packing up and it didn't make sense to unbox things. I got you a couple of yours, and I got a shot of the High School winners on the podiums and that was it.

Yes it is a TON of work! Just wish that we had more entries and attendees.

Congratulations on your awards and wins!
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Thanks Eagle,
Charlie, Becky, and I did get to see some videos of his hummer and the rigs run.
Thanks for the kind words on the Bobcat Truck Build as well.. that scratch build took awhile to do with all the detail work I put in to it.
One of my favorite rigs you have built has the DVJ logo on the side.
why is it one of my fav's.. because you just don't see many Father and Daughters.. rigs built like this one is . ;)

Hope to see some new photos posted on your web site soon.. love the design logo on the hoodies and T-shirt as well .
And don't give up hope.. maybe there will be more racers next year!
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?