The West Coast Grand Prix

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: The West Coast Grand Prix

Post by Eagle »

Probably the most difficult part is the difference in materials and the overhangs. Even after we tested our designs we had issues with printing. Everything affects the process including temperature. We learned a lot. And, when we couldn't figure out a glitch we would do a quick redesign. We also discovered rather quickly that our 3D printer did a better job then the schools with less waste.

We also learned that some of the detail, especially on the overhangs had to be beefed up. If they were thin they would cause all kinds of problems.

I wanted to demonstrate to the students in the 3D design classes what could be done. I hope we get some more participation from them next year. I would love to see a 3D printer in my shop. I know I could get some minds coming up with new things and designs PWD or otherwise.

Glad you like them. Others have had positive feedback as well.

If you send me a close up of each trophy I can post them up here so people can see what you are talking about.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The West Coast Grand Prix

Post by gpraceman »

Very nice trophies!
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.