2021 West Coast Grand Prix

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

Ladies and Gentlemen buys and girls of all ages mark the date May 1, 2021 on your calendar. That is the date of the next West Coast Grand Prix.

It will be bigger and will include a new class and a new division. Details at http://www.TheWestCoastGrandPrix.com

It will be here before you know it. Plan to race, and share event with pinewood derby racers of all ages.

This event will happen even if live attendees are not allowed.

Check http://www.TheWestCoastGrandPrix.com for the latest details and updates.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: 2021 West Coast Grand Prix

Post by Speedster »

I hope things settle down a lot in your beautiful state before May 1st and you're able to make this happen. A lot of good things can happen in a few months and I hope they are all in your favor.
I wish you the very Best.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

Thanks Speedster. My intention is for this event to happen even if live attendance is not allowed. With a small staff and some IT support there is no reason this event cannot be enjoyed over a live stream.

The last thing I want to do is have all the kids build toward an event that doesn't happen.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

Just a quick update. I am going to have to relocate the West Coast Grand Prix. After meetings, protocols, switching to online viewing only, when students returned the powers that be said no event in the gym.

So, I'm hoping to get approval at same school as last year. If not, I have a back up with retired teachers. I may have to look for some donations to cover the fee if this is the case, but it will go to a worthy organization who have been hit hard due to closures and lack of income.

I'm committed to making it happen even if I have to do it on my front sidewalk. I'm not going to be the guy who tell the students this is another thing you have worked towards that is cancelled.

I may not get my own cars and rigs done, but I'm working hard on preparations.

I have updated the stop section.

Looks like the reinforcement and Chuy start section updates will have to wait till another year.

I currently have 11 3D printers printing trophies as fast as we can get them done.

I hope to sneak a 3D printed car in for the new 3D printed class!

The first student 3D printed car has been printed. More in the works.

With Mid America getting pushed back I hope you'll take a look at http://www.TheWestCoastGrandPrix.com find a class or classes that you'd like to race and send in.

Oh, and I have sent a couple of ideas for shirts in. I hope to have pictures and pricing early next week. I sell them at cost (last year I actually lost money), and I have to have a minimum order in order to get the shirts done. I doubt I'll have as many students this year purchase. It is a really poor community. So, when I post up please let me know if and what you would like or if it's a no this year. I understand either way. I'm not sure where or what I'm going to be doing for employment after June 4th, so the future of the event is uncertain.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

The registration for http://www.TheWestCoastGrandPrix.com should be up and working.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

I hope to have shirt info soon. If I'm able to add to registration form I will. But, for now it will be, as it was last year, only those that have let me know will be in the shirt loop.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

Light Blue Shirt w/5 Color Print (navy, black, white, red, gray)
$15.50 (YS-XL) $17.50 (2X) $19.50 (3X)

Light Blue Long Sleeve w/5 Color Print (navy, black, white, red, gray)
$19.50 (YS-XL) $22.00 (2X) $24.00 (3X)

Light Blue Sweatshirt w/5 Color Print (navy, black, white, red, gray)
$24.00 (YS-XL) $26.00 (2X) $28.50 (3X)

Light Blue Hoodie w/5 Color Print (navy, black, white, red, gray)
$31.50 (YS-XL) $32.75 (2X) $36.00 (3X)

PM right away if you would like a shirt. I'll need to know style and size. I'll get you info to Paypal Friends and Family the dollars.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

Closing out shirt order today.
It will be placed with vendor tomorrow.

Entries from 5 states so far.

Keep them coming!
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Eagle,
Just wanted to chime in and say ..
You really put you're heart and soul into to making this race happen for your kids.
Even though the past year has been hard on us all in some way!
I want to wish you and your kids all the very best in this much needed time for a little fun.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?