District Race

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

District Race

Post by Speedster »

I have learned we have a new District Executive and she connected with some Pack and then announced we will have a District Race in March. My Pack, Pack 217, use to supply everything for the District race but it looks like we will not be involved this year with the District race. When the District race was announced, Pack 217 was able to get the Township Fire Department building for a Pack race. I don't know if scouts will actually be at any of these races. It was good to hear races will happen for the Commodore Perry District.

Are any of you Folks having any races?
Loud2ns
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: District Race

Post by Loud2ns »

Speedster wrote: Are any of you Folks having any races?
We are having our church Awana race in person next week. Our regional race just was cancelled due to lack of interest. It was going to be in person. Our state Awana race that was to be proxy only was cancelled due to lack of interest.
I may send the kids cars to the league so the kids can watch them roll again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

Speedster good to know more races are happening. With so many things cancelled and being cancelled it is really tough on everyone. I have seen the results on young people first hand.

Our high school students returned this last week live (hybrid schedule). It is a lot of work to meet all the protocols. But, the positives out weight the negatives. I had a student come in after class both Thur and Fri. And, I had a couple come in on Zoom. They are starting to care again. One told me when school didn't come back in Jan - as planned - he gave up. But, he was there getting caught up and was looking forward to playing football.

Loud2ns if you don't mind swapping out the wheels to BSA they could watch them run again at http://www.TheWestCoastGrandPrix.com
Loud2ns
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Loud2ns »

Eagle wrote:
Loud2ns if you don't mind swapping out the wheels to BSA they could watch them run again at http://www.TheWestCoastGrandPrix.com
I don't think we'll have time to swap wheels out. I'm really busy in the greenhouses right now, but I was playing with the idea of sending one of my basx cars. We'll see.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

I have just learned Pack 217 will have an "In person", Pinewood Derby race this evening starting at 6PM. Other then the scouts, it's Parents only. The reason I was notified is because I own the scale and inspection station and no one else has one. The track was set up last night. I have everything else together for them. Scott, an FBI agent, runs the track and has his own scouts racing. He knows the electronics well. He's been doing it for the past 3 years and he's really good at it.
I suspect everyone will have a well organized and Fun time.

I wish everyone well with any race they might be having.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

Hope you take some pictures and email me some. I hope all goes well and everyone benefits from the experience.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

I wasn't invited and I'm fine with that. A very capable Boy Scout did the Inspections and his mother, a Girl Scout leader, did the Check-Ins. I'll hear about everything later when they return my things.

I got a call and everything went well for the Pack 217 race. I hope things go well for the new folks who will be running the District race. There will be no Pit area so I know the Pack 217 racers will pass inspections.