GrandPrix Race Manager Version 8.0 Released

Provides software for Cub Scout Pinewood Derby, Awana Grand Prix, Space Derby, Raingutter Regatta or other similar races. Providing high quality software solutions that will help with planning and conducting your races.

Moderator: gpraceman

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

GrandPrix Race Manager Version 8.0 Released

Post by gpraceman »

GrandPrix Race Manager™ Version 8.0 has just been released! Several new features have been added along with many improvements to make the software easier to use and more versatile.

To find out more, please visit GrandPrix Software Central's GrandPrix Race Manager page at http://grandprix-software-central.com/gprm/.

Here's a summary of what's new:

Racer Photos - Added support for using photos for each racer (or their race vehicle). Photos will be displayed in the Racing, On Deck, Track Record, Heat Winner, Roster and Awards/Standings screens. Image column is hidden if the photo feature is not enabled.

Collated Schedules - Added ability to collate group schedules for a round into a single master schedule. Racers won't have to wait for their group's turn to race and they will only face racers within their race group.

Exclude Racers from Standings - Added ability to exclude a racer from the standings but still allow them to race.

Heat Winners - Added a Heat Winners tab. When a heat is complete, this tab will automatically show the information for the winner of a heat, their results and their photo (if photo feature enabled).

Data File Merge - Added a utility that will merge the data from two data files.

and much, much more...

For a detailed list of changes, see http://grandprix-software-central.com/g ... ts_new.php

If you have any questions or comments, please email or PM me.

Thanks,

Randy Lisano
Lisano Enterprises
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
altontoth
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: GrandPrix Race Manager Version 8.0 Released

Post by altontoth »

Without having to actually purchase the software, can you give a quick run down on what you mean by 'Made serial port communication routines more robust.'? I'm building a custom USB timer and am currently running Version 7.0
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

altontoth wrote:Without having to actually purchase the software, can you give a quick run down on what you mean by 'Made serial port communication routines more robust.'? I'm building a custom USB timer and am currently running Version 7.0
If there is a loss of communications, for whatever reason, the software will try to reestablish communications when you try using the timer next.

Some users with bluetooth devices installed were having problems with the way Windows was reporting which COM ports existed on the computer. Some non-sensical characters ended up on the end of the port number, which caused an error to occur in the software.

Those are a couple of the changes off the top of my head. There were other optimizations implemented.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by pack529holycross »

have you designated a place in the forum for gathering suggestions for future features?

(If this feature does not exist yet )
I would like to suggest a feature that allows the photos to be inserted from a webcam or reg cam tethered to the PC for race day photo insertion "onthefly".
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

pack529holycross wrote:have you designated a place in the forum for gathering suggestions for future features?
No. You can just email or PM me with any suggestions. We also have a feedback form at http://grandprix-software-central.com/gprm/feedback.php.
pack529holycross wrote:(If this feature does not exist yet )
I would like to suggest a feature that allows the photos to be inserted from a webcam or reg cam tethered to the PC for race day photo insertion "onthefly".
DerbyDMV can capture photos directly from a webcam or video camera. I will consider that feature for GPRM V9.
Randy Lisano

pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by pack529holycross »

gpraceman wrote:
pack529holycross wrote:have you designated a place in the forum for gathering suggestions for future features?
No. You can just email or PM me with any suggestions. We also have a feedback form at http://grandprix-software-central.com/gprm/feedback.php.
pack529holycross wrote:(If this feature does not exist yet )
DerbyDMV can capture photos directly from a webcam or video camera. I will consider that feature for GPRM V9.

Ok.. so if im using derby DMV, I can set up to capture pics at the registration table, and the software will put those photos with the data into GPRM?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

pack529holycross wrote:Ok.. so if im using derby DMV, I can set up to capture pics at the registration table, and the software will put those photos with the data into GPRM?
You can enter your roster into DerbyDMV and then capture a snapshot for each racer direct from a webcam or video camera. You can then export that data to a CSV file and then import it into GPRM. The location of the image file for each racer will also transfer over to GPRM.
Randy Lisano