Car Design Templates

Provides software for Cub Scout Pinewood Derby, Awana Grand Prix, Space Derby, Raingutter Regatta or other similar races. Providing high quality software solutions that will help with planning and conducting your races.

Moderator: gpraceman

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Car Design Templates

Post by gpraceman »

New for the 2009-2010 racing season!

This handy car design template set is great for workshops for Cub Scout® Pinewood Derby®, Awana® Grand Prix and other similar races. When kids are not sure what they want to build, they can find a design they like and use that as their starting point.

For years, we had been using paper templates at all of the Awana and Cub Scout workshops that we put on. These acrylic cutouts are far easier to use. No having to make copies. No having to cut the template out with scissors. No waste of paper. Reuse year after year.

Click on a photo to enlarge.

Image Image Image

Product Features:
* 15 cool designs included in the set.
* Made from durable acrylic, for years of use.
* Easy to use. Just hold the template onto the side of the block and trace around the outer edge to transfer the design.
* Relative axle locations are indicated on each template, to help racers use the correct end of the block as the rear of the car. This helps achieve better steering stability and center of gravity placement closer to the rear axles (for maximizing potential energy).

For more information and to purchase, go to http://grandprix-software-central.com/p ... ucts_id=73
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Car Design Templates

Post by sporty »

That is a great idea, to offer templates, the kids can pick from and just trace and use.

paper templates are a pain, As I can account for that one.

Sporty
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

sporty wrote:That is a great idea, to offer templates, the kids can pick from and just trace and use.

paper templates are a pain, As I can account for that one.
I'm glad that you like them.

I'm surprised that the idea didn't occur to me much sooner. We just suffered through each of our workshops with paper templates. Some kids have a hard time cutting out a paper template and it can be challenging for them to hold the paper in place while trying to trace the outline. These acrylic templates definitely are easier for the kids to work with.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Nitro Dan
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Nitro Dan »

We glue our templates down to thin cardboard (from cereal boxes) before cutting them out. They last more than one season that way, but having them in acrylic certainly would last a "life time". Wish there was a way I could do that at home with my own design creations.

-Nitro Dan
Take good and make it great. Take fast and make it faster. Performance drives success!