Remote Control Gate for SuperTrack

Manufacturers of The Judge timers. Also manufactures solenoid start gates and light trees.

Moderator: John Shreffler

John Shreffler
Merchant
Merchant

Remote Control Gate for SuperTrack

Post by John Shreffler »

Announcing a new format in our line-up of remote controlled solenoid start gages, this one fits the SuperTrack by SuperTimer.
http://www.newdirections.ws/Supertrack.html
John Shreffler
Maker of The Judge
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Remote Control Gate for SuperTrack

Post by gpraceman »

Am I missing something? You are replacing their solenoid gate with another solenoid gate?
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
John Shreffler
Merchant
Merchant

Post by John Shreffler »

Well, I had a track owner ask me if I could fit my design to it, so I agreed to give it a try. By the way, wasn't it you that created GPRM, when there was already some derby software out there? :roll:
John Shreffler
Maker of The Judge
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

John Shreffler wrote:Well, I had a track owner ask me if I could fit my design to it, so I agreed to give it a try. By the way, wasn't it you that created GPRM, when there was already some derby software out there? :roll:
Just wondering what the benefits are that would make a customer want to pay for a solenoid gate, when they already get one with that track. Seems like a fair enough question. Is it just that it gives the user the ability to trigger via your light tree or are there other advantages that I am not seeing?
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
John Shreffler
Merchant
Merchant

Post by John Shreffler »

My customer did want the light tree, so that is part of it. He wanted it bad enough to cut off a foot of his track so I could work out the details. It was my first experience with this particular track, and I am very impressed by the clever profile that allows the start gate to be fabricated from a section of track, and go together without fasteners. This is genius level engineering. Smooth action, just the right amount of friction. There was no way I could come up with anything better, so I sliced up the sample and used it for my own hold-down. If anyone else wants one, they have to send me a piece of their track.
John Shreffler
Maker of The Judge